Wednesday 14 December 2011

One of those weekends when everything went right..........

......and I've been betting (or investing as bookies like to call it ) long enough to remember more than one weekend when I've been looking at the bottom of the whisky glass, as the saying goes, so last weekend I am going to enjoy.

Of the 33 bets made, 24 won, which gave me a return of £353 for  £198 staked; in other words a profit of £155. The bank, which started at £300 towards the end of August, and which had never quite been in overall profit despite having threatened to do so  several times recently, finally burst through the profit barrier and now stands at £446.50, an overall profit of £146.50.

For the record (mine as much as anybody's - in case I lose the book in which everything's recorded!) the original bank was split into £5 bets. After 234 such bets I decided that whilst a profit had not been made I was in no danger of losing the bank, so increased the stakes to £6 for the next 139 bets which is where I am now. There have been 373 bets altogether, on which I have staked a total of £2004. The profit of £146.50 therefore represents a return on investment of 7.3%. This is actual net profit, i.e. after deduction of any commission payable when exchanges were used.

The question now is how far to increase stakes without going too far and I've decided that for each (hopefully there'll be more than one!) full 30% increase  over the starting bank which was £300 - 30% of which is £90 - I will increase the stake by 25%, which will protect the bank as it gets bigger. So, on that basis, as the bank has passed £390 stakes are now £7.50, with the next increase kicking in if it reaches £480.

Anyway that's enough figures to bore people with, so back with this weekend's bets on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment